Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

What would you do?

If you remember from earlier posts, I've hinted at an inadvertent trunk collection that we somehow started last summer. It seemed every garage sale we went to last summer had awesome trunks for sale-and cheap too! This is one of those trunks. It isn't anything fancy-it is pretty worn and a little rusty. The reason we couldn't pass it up...the price! Look at the sticker (yes, sorry to say, it got hauled to the upstairs storage area in our barn and there it has sat for a year-but it is down now, ready for a new life.). It even has some neat paper labels on the front.

When we asked the person having the sale why it was so cheap, she told us that she just recently bought the house from a woman who came into an unexpectedly large sum of money and she left everything behind. So, rather than throw it all away, the new owners decided to have a garage sale to try to make some money so everything was incredibly cheap at this sale. I don't think I could just walk away from my stuff like that...could you? I tend to develop a personal attachment to my treasures, and even if I won the biggest lottery to date, I can't imagine walking away from everything...some things, yes no problem, but other things-no way!

Would you add a fresh coat of paint, or leave it like it is? I think I'd like to sell it, because in a small house, you can only have so many trunks and 5 is wayyy too many. This is one of my least favorites, so it won't be too hard to let it go. The only question is leave it alone, or spiff it up with fresh paint and new wallpaper inside...let me know what you think-I'm on the fence.








3 comments:

  1. That is how I get myself in trouble, over and over! Too cheap to pass up. That is a tempting trap.

    I paint everything, so I'm not a good person to ask! I kind of like the interior tho. I'd paint the outside and leave the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not have been able to leave it behind either.Which is why my house is beginning to sink under the weight of my found "treasures".I'd leave it be and let the new owner decide how they would like it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies for the advice! After thinking about it for a day, I've been leaning toward leaving it as is...now hopefully I can find someone to buy it!

    ReplyDelete