Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Sweltering Finds


Today was so muggy and the air was so heavy, at times it was almost hard to breathe. There was so much moisture in the air that sometimes it just had to erupt and fall to the ground. The forecasters have been predicting a major storm for our area for the entire day-so far only a few stray sprinkles, lots of wind and very high humidity.

I went to a few sales today and to the local Salvation Army Thrift Store. I had a fun time talking with the people having the garage sales, and I got some fun treasures. I also put a hole in the leather headrest of the driver’s seat of my car trying to fit my purchase in my car instead of going back tomorrow with Kevin’s truck to pick it up-ugh!

I was just thinking this morning that it would be nice to have a day bed to put in the family room downstairs, so that when grandparents come for a visit and Eric gets kicked out of his nice queen sized bed, he would have a place to sleep other than the floor or the couch in the living room. Plus, it could do double duty as a couch for the family room.

I walked right into one at the Salvation Army Thrift Store today! It even has a trundle (that looks like it was never even used!). It was white metal with brass accents…now it is sprayed hammered bronze and trying to dry outside in the humidity.

It’s perfect timing too since Eric, my parents and a little boy they help watch a couple weekends a month for a friend of theirs will be coming down to stay for a night to attend a funeral for my dad’s cousin. I only ever saw Marti (my dad’s cousin) at showers and weddings, but I really loved her-she was so fun, and kind and caring-even if I hadn’t seen her for years, it was like we were just picking up where we left off-she was much loved and will be thought of often until we see each other again some day…


Here are my treasures from today’s adventures…

A galvanized oval bucket.


A dragonfly picture holder.


 Pepe Le Pew 1973 drinking glass.

Petunia and Porky Pig drinking glass 1973.

Sylvester.

Bugs Bunny.

Sylvester and Tweety.

Foghorn Leghorn-I figure Eric will get a kick out of this!

Green stripes.

A couple of bottles to try out the apothecary labels from Just Something I Made.


A tablecloth and 6 matching napkins-already run through the washer and hung out to dry on the deck. Looks like this one will need some serious ironing!


I also got some blue bottles, but I already "planted" them in the flower garden-I'll post some pictures soon!

What about you? What kinds of treasures did you find today?

Tomorrow, I am going to a couple of sales so I'll let you know if I find anything!

Happy Weekend-hope you have a great one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment