Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Fun Times Finding Stuff for the Booth!

Yesterday Auntie and I went to a couple estate sales and a couple thrift stores. When we left it was snowing like crazy and the roads were really bad. We almost turned around-that's how bad it was! I'm glad we kept going, because about 20 minutes away from our meeting place, it wasn't even snowing and the roads were just wet.

The first sale was full of vultures! I've never been to a sale that was so bad. The estate sale company let people in early (we got there 10 minutes early and they were already let in). She didn't have anything priced-just signs around the rooms-and they didn't even list everything. There was only one cashier and she was frazzled. The shoppers were plowing into people-I got a door slammed into me, and they let too many people in the house at one time.

I think this was the first time we had shopped this estate sale company-I'll have to give some serious thought as to whether I'll shop her company again. I suppose it would have to be a sale loaded with Pyrex or Fiesta for me to consider it-LOL!

The second sale was very nice! They had less people inside, but more workers. Nothing was priced, but the owner was super nice and super cheap. I already went to his website to look for future sales!

I picked up lots of stuff for the new booth-now I have to clean it up and get it priced. We don't take possession of the booth until February 1st. The waiting is already killing me! I'd like to have it painted and all set up and ready to sell by the 4th. So that mean's Auntie and I will have to hustle and get our acts together to pull it off. Luckily for us, we are just painting over the border at the ceiling and not the whole wall!

We're going to paint it with black chalkboard paint so we can change it out with the seasons. We're going to call our booth "Kitschy Vintage" after Aunties Etsy store. I'm hoping that making our own tags will be easy enough to do, so that we can have a design or picture on the back-to kind of brand our booth-to set it apart from the other 299 booths in that mall.

This is what I picked up yesterday:






















3 comments:

  1. OOOH! You found gorgeous stuff for your booth!

    I love the poinsettia apron and the decorated candy tin and the FireKing bowl with the lid !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited you are going to start a booth at an antique mall! It's a fun challenge and very rewarding to be able to sell your finds. I'm curious where you are renting.....is it at the Livingston Antique Outlet in Howell, by any chance?

    Good luck with your new booth! I'm sure it will keep you busy all winter!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mitzi!
    Yes! We are giving it a try at the Livingston Antique Outlet. It's really scary and really exciting all at the same time!
    We're just hoping to sell some of our stuff to support our estate sale addiction-LOL!

    We'll be in booth #152-straight back from the front door all the way to the back of the second building.

    ReplyDelete