Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Making Progress...

Yesterday I was able to get the final coats of paint on the 3 display cabinets, and I LOVE how they turned out!





I was also able to get the last few items priced, wrapped up and into a bin (and off of the table and counter) ready to go tomorrow.






Kevin took the day off tomorrow to help us with the move-in. We have to go to Auntie's house and pick up the two display cases that she painted and then head out. Hopefully all 5 will fit so that we only have to make one trip to get them all there.

Once we get there, Auntie will be painting over the Thomas Kincaid border (it doesn't look very kitschy-it looks more sleepy) with black chalkboard paint. Once that dries, we are going to use chalkboard markers to put a bunch of multi-colored polka dots all over it.

Then we'll be loading in our junk stuff. I'm hoping we can get the lion's share of the stuff set up tomorrow because the weather forecasters are calling for 15" of snow tomorrow night! So traveling to the mall on Wednesday might not be an option. We'll see how it goes. I may be overly optimistic about how much we'll end up getting done-since I've never done this before and have no idea what to expect!

The deck/sunroom is also progressing, despite the windows being the wrong size. This is what it looked like tonight when I got home from work...



1 comment:

  1. Oh my, you are remodelling and moving into a booth space at the same time? Brave lady!! Best of luck to you on both.

    ReplyDelete