Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

I hired a picker!!!

I saw an ad on Estatesales.net last night for a sale that started today out in Troy that looked like it was packed with all the things I love. There were only 2 obstacles...Troy is an hour or more away, and I had to work. I sent my sister-in-law a quick email that said "Too bad you're back at work" and I sent the link to the sale. She works for Rochester Schools and just went back after the whole summer off.

She replied that she'd go for me after work!!! She asked me to send a list with what photo the item was in on the  website and she'd hit it for me on her way home. How cool is that?!? She called me several times, because a lot of the items I listed were still there, but their prices were close to double what I wanted to pay and they weren't making any deals today.

She finally called when she was leaving and told me she got one thing for me from my list and it was a steal. Then she said..."I don't know if I'm going to tell you now or make you wait!" I guess I whined enough and she felt sorry for me and told me...since we are going to her house on Saturday for a going away party for her son (he's joining the Coast Guard), I'll pick it up then.

I can't wait to see it! I'll post pictures of it when I get it. She said it was in excellent shape, very sturdy and it could "hold up an elephant". Wanna guess what it is? It's red....

I think I'll make her a death by chocolate trifle to "pay" her with. :)

I'm heading out-meeting some ladies from work for a Girl's Night Out! Pedi and dinner-can't wait!

Have a great night!!!

2 comments:

  1. We have several estate sales going on this weekend that I'm hoping to make it to. I always head for the kitchen..for old cooking utensils and dishes!
    I'm looking forward to seeing what piece you got! (and what you're going to do with it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so nice of her , the trifle sounds delish !

    ReplyDelete